The Magnum Pro line of professional carbon air filters have 50% more Australian Activated Mined Carbon than most Carbon Filters on the market. Compare this filter with other 8" Filters and you will see the difference. This Carbon Filter has a 2" Carbon thickness (Most others have a 1" or 1.5" Carbon thickness)
Australian Mined Carbon is the end result of processed coal. This process treats the mined material with oxygen to open up millions of microscopic pores between the carbon atoms. The result is a uniform carbon with a surface area of up to 2,000 square meters per gram! This amazingly porous substance (which is not only lighter than plant-based carbon, but 2 to 3 times as porous), is now ready to absorb over 100% of its own weight in odor producing particles.
2" Carbon Walls = Maximum efficiency! - A 2" carbon wall thickness actually translates into 50% more carbon than a 1.5" carbon wall, and 140% more carbon than a 1" carbon wall! Don't buy a carbon filter based on the flange size alone. To determine the carbon thickness, take the diameter of the filter, subtract the flange size, and then divide by 2. The result is the carbon thickness. This filter has a diameter of 12", a flange size of 8", and a carbon thickness of 2" ((12"-8")/2) = 2" Carbon Thickness)
- 18 Month Average life expectancy
- Built-in flange
- Maintenance free design
- Premium quality activated carbon
- Cotton pre-filter included
- Removes 99.5% of airborne odors
- Carbon removes particles equal to 108% of carbon weight
- Aluminum Flange and base reduces filter weight
- Steel mesh for 52% open surface area
- Flange Diameter: 8"
- Height: 34"
- Carbon Height: 32"
- Width: 12"
- Carbon Thickness: 2"
- Maximum Airflow: 900 CFM
- Carbon Volume: 2511 Cubic Inches
- Carbon Rating: RC-48
- Iodine Absorption: 1050mg/g
- 1 x 8" x 34" Activated Carbon Air Filter